Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Small French Paintings

Small French Paintings is a permanent display of french impressionist and post impressionist paintings in the National Gallery of Art in Washington USA - my Mother and I spent a lovely day there a few years back and I thoroughly recommend it if you are passing!

My one-a-day-in-an-hour paintings that I attempted whilst staying with Sue and Nick in South West France are not quite of the same standard but hey, at least they were from life. Only two of them are worth showing but it was good practice and reintroduced me to the convenience of acrylics. One of the dogs kindly assisted me with my fruit composition before trying to eat it. (who knew dogs ate fruit-not me?!?!) I also attempted some quick people sketches at the airport, not sure looking furtive and suspicious at an airport is a good thing these days but it sure is excellent practice.


9 x 12" Acrylic on canvas board


8 x 10" Acrylic on canvas board


I am fond of simple paintings of modest objects and may have to do more of them, here are a couple I did last year of an oil lamp.


9 x 12" Oil framed under glass

No comments:

Post a Comment