Wednesday, 13 January 2010

New Year, New Goals

Long time no post - I have done very little in the way of art recently and we are half way through January already. My intention this year is to concentrate more on painting, do some quick studies on a regular basis and also some bigger slower pieces. I've got loads of ideas but need good chunks of time to get into a painting properly.
So here is one I did earlier, a quick study from a photo before the last workshop. She came out pretty cool and I might warm her up and finish her off one of these days, but I was quite pleased with it overall for a quicky.
9 x 12" Oil on canvas board
This was painted over an old canvas board and I utilised the existing texture and added more to give it a bit of the look of a fresco.

14" x 18" Oil on canvas board
This one is unfinished and may never be - its going away for a while and I'll look at it with fresh eyes one day and decide if its worth trying to save.
12" x 16" Oil on canvas board

No comments:

Post a Comment