Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Recent Life

A few select pieces from recent life sessions.  This first one was started at my regular my monthly workshop and completed at home. I struggled a bit with this model, nothing wrong with her but having been studying muscular men for a while I was somewhat thrown.  She lay down in a classic recline pose but I was a bit lacking in inspiration - then it came to me, I saw a landscape!  It must have been the Wiltshire countryside I drove through on the journey.  So a bit of an off the cuff experiment but with further work at home its got something going for it I think and I may do some more playing around and see how far I can push the idea later on.  Prosenjit (mentioned in an earlier post) named it a Figurescape which is a great word.

Acrylic on canvas 20" x 30"


Another experiment, paper prepared with green acrylic and charcoal powder then a quick pose of 20 minutes completed with compressed charcoal and white gouache.  I've already prepared a canvas in a similar vein for a full painting, just need the right reference as this doenst quite have enough information.

Acrylic on paper 20" x 16"
A couple from my regular Monday life sessions
Charcoal on paper 20" x 30"
Finally, an acrylic study from life in preparation for an oil painting to be done over the next couple of weeks.  I'm not sure if I'll stick with this position or try a different angle, got a week to think about it.
Acrylic on paper 16" x 20"

No comments:

Post a Comment