Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Life In June

I've neglected to feed the blog recently so here I am catching up with a few bits from life I have done this month. I havent been hugely creative for a while but I keep plugging away at the life sessions whatever else is or isnt going on. Also, I am thinking about having a great big clear out of all my old stuff, some for a bonfire virtual or otherwise - get rid of the old and make way for the new, it could be good for the soul...

Charcoal on A1 - Good foreshortening excercise on the first two.
 Charcoal on A1
Charcoal on A2 - Really like this model
 Pastel on canson A4 - 20 mins
 Oil on paper A4 - 30 mins
 Charcoal on A1 - 30 mins
 Pastel on Rives BFK 22" x 30" done over three weeks - approx 5 hours.  I'm finding these long poses over several weeks bring a whole different set of challenges, when to chase the pose, the level of finish to go for at any given point.  Even indoors the light changes - one thing is for sure, do the hands in one go!
 put in a temporary frame

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I've been suffering to with "not sure what to draw/paint" perhaps i need to get my self to a life drawing class!

    ReplyDelete