Sunday, 26 September 2010

Master Study and Life WIP

This is a study of a drawing by Herbert James Draper (1863 - 1920), part of a Wet Canvas group study.  I particularly liked the face and would like to find a suitable reference of my own and see if I can produce something more original along these lines.  This was done using lump sanguine, which is sanguine in its natural state and is like a small knobbly stone.  Its hard to keep a grip of sometimes but if you get a nice piece is wonderfully creamy and lovely to use and makes me feel a bit closer to Leonardo!  Its on Rives BFK which is definately my favourite paper now, I just cant afford to waste any.

 A WIP of a life pose, about an hour so far.  I've been away from life drawing and painting for too long and its been a struggle getting back into it - I can barely remember which end of the charcoal to use.

Pastel on colourfix - A3 approx


I've signed up for another set of weekly life sessions in a local gallery, I have high hopes that the vibe and setting will lead to really good things.  Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment