Saturday, 21 May 2011

Jeffrey Catherine Jones

I was very sad to hear of the death of artist Jeffrey Catherine Jones on Thursday (19th May) at the age of 67.  I discovered her work fairly recently, I guess she is less well known this side of the pond, but was immediately taken with it - definately one of my favourites and I have several of her books on my wishlist.  Its not that I relate to the genre of fantasy art, science fiction, comics and illustration where she had a successful and highly respected career, but the simple fact  is she painted like a dream.  Check out her rather dated website Jeffrey Jones Art, well worth the trouble and  I really like seeing some of her creative process in the WIP section  She had more than a few personal challenges throughout her life and wasnt always a she, but its a  great shame to think about all the wonderful art that will never be now.  Here is a small sampler of her fine art work.  Respect.





No comments:

Post a Comment