Sunday, 25 September 2011

Daily painting, sort of.....

I decided I needed to get to know my palette better, I have recently extended the range so I did these little charts over the weekend separating the two brands that I use.  So the first column is straight from the tube, the second with a bit of white and the third a bit more.  I cant quite commit the time to the fully fledged colour charts that Richard Schmid recommends but these were fun to do and I am sure will be very useful.  If anyone wants hi res copies with details of the brands and colours drop me an email.














This is the little painting I did with the leftovers on the palette just for fun.  Not really the way to choose colours.


Then I thought I would do a figure painting from a reference photo.  Decided to scale up a bit and so needed to get a basic drawing down in charcoal, but then I got into too much detail so it may stay a drawing, or shall I call it a charcoal painting?

Charcoal on drafting film WIP


Not a bad weekends work really.



2 comments:

  1. Not bad at all girl .... beautiful drawing taking shape ... great looking pose ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra, not sure it improved as it went on. Its from a photo ref by Kevin Wueste - I did credit him later but should PM him as well.

    ReplyDelete