Sunday, 23 October 2011

Two out of three aint bad

I did some sketching with oils this weekend, unfortunately the one I spent the most time on is in the bin, sometimes you just have to know when to cut your losses.  So of the survivors the first is a pose I really liked at life drawing this week so working from my drawing I thought I would try and do some justice to it with different media.  The sleeping babe isnt really finished, her nose needs tweaking and the edges need looking at and tomorrow I'll decide if its just practice or worth refining.  Frustrating and fun times.

Oil on drafting film


1 comment:

  1. Oooh, they are both lovely - the top LD on drafting paper is just stunning and I adore your sleeping baby.

    Yes, two out of three, if they are as good as these two, is pretty darn great!

    ReplyDelete