Sunday, 6 November 2011

Unmentionables

I had the priviledge of taking part in an artists paint swap this summer with fellow artists from Wet Canvas the online artist community.  The idea being eight artists from around the world paint pictures for each other and send them off to each other on the same day, and they were all to be opened in unison when everyone had received all seven packages.  We needed to keep them small and easy to mail although some of us decided to go bigger than ACEO (artists trading cards 2.5" x 3.5") that was originally talked about.  It took me a long time to decide what to do for people I have never met and havent known for long.   I didnt want to do nudes.  Portraits were a possibility but of whom?  My forays into landscapes are a bit new and I didnt want to do something I had no experience of at all.  So I decided to do genuine fakes of master artworks, some of which I used my licence and altered significantly.  All painted in oil on drafting film and all dimensions somewhere between five and eight inches approx.

Today the 6th of November was opening day, the unmentionables as they had been called we now allowed to be talked about - I'll post photos of what I received tomorrow with links to the various websites and blogs of my artist buddies.  What a haul, I cant tell you how thrilling it was to receive these wonderful works of art from all over the world and its been like Christmas day today.  In the meantime these are what I sent off.

After Dali
After Seurat
After Van Gogh
After Bouguereau
After Cadmus
After Dali
After Henner

No comments:

Post a Comment