Saturday, 1 September 2012

Birthday Bouquet

I received a superb bouquet of flowers last week and was inspired to make my first serious attempt at capturing a floral arrangement in paint.  The hydrangea at the centre was the most intense purple/blue I have ever seen, it was a very unusual and special display.  

So this was painted alla prima from life in an afternoon apart from a few tweaks... there are always a few tweaks.  I seem to have got to the point now where I find it easier painting from life rather than photos and will do more of it.  I used my very best paints, some almost straight out of the tube and I really noticed how clean and pure the colours were.    I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

I had some random sized frames I picked up a while ago and got some hardboard board cut to fit and so chose this frame in advance - just propped in for the photo here, it still needs to dry.

Oil on Board 11 x 14"


2 comments:

  1. gREAT sTUFF ....gIRL .... Flowers they are the bomb ...so are you !!!

    S..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandra, how are you doing, how is school going? Flower are the bomb eh, yes I like that. I need to do more. I still love your climbing roses, always inspired by your brushwork.

      Take care
      Tx

      Delete