Sunday, 17 March 2013

Practice, practice and more practice

We had a wonderful new model at the Sunday session earlier this month, her delightful personality and positive and helpful attitude won everyone over.  Really it suprising how much difference that makes and for me overides any preferences for gender, body type, ethnicity etc I may have.  So although I didnt entirely do her justice with the limit earth palette I had with me which didnt include any purples or cool reds I would have liked I really enjoyed the session.  Its also really helpful when your fellow artists rap you on the knuckles and tell you not to overwork an area!  The long pose was the usual hour and a half ish and the small ones 30 or 40 minutes.  I've stopped posting any drawings because they have deteriorated quite badly since I have been concentrating more on painting.  I need to practice more and I also need to practice doing some more slow work, painting and drawing.  So much to do, so little time.....

 Oil on canvas paper 12" x 16"

 Oil on board 5" x 7"

  Oil on board 5" x 7"

This was done the other Tuesday evening in a new venue with old friends.  Its a great space to work in and the lighting is good.  I notice my backgrounds are getting more involved and colourful again.  Its hard to make design decisions on the fly but I think it worked out ok this time.

 Oil on Canvas paper paper 12" x 16"





No comments:

Post a Comment