Sunday, 21 July 2013

Cloudscapes update

I managed to take individual photos for the cloudscapes, played with the camera settings and did this on my little Panasonic Lumix set for food photography which seemed to work better than portrait or flowers.  My much more expensive DSLR doesnt seem to pick the colours up so well.  All oil on aluminium and sizes are 20 x 20 cm, 20 x 30cm and 15 x 40cm.  I havent decided whether or not to do more of these, they are good fun and an excellent opportunity to practice with different brushes to get different paint effects.  The subject has endless possibilities and I have hundreds of references but it would be good to do some from life and also a few larger ones.  BlogPlug - check out the work of Roos Schuring, she is just changing her website and blog but her sky, land, sea and beachscapes are really impressive. 









2 comments:

  1. Wow, Tina, what a great collection of cloud paintings! You could have a one woman show and it would be terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, that really made my day. Maybe one day.....

    ReplyDelete