Thursday, 7 November 2013

The Don

The Don is his nickname.  Chris is an old friend who inspired me one night as a group of us sat outside his Spanish villa drinking wine and talking nonsense - as you do.   It was one of those rare moments where I could clearly see the finished painting, and when I came to do it, it just flowed out of the brushes.  He is not at all Don-like really, a kind, caring and generous man but he holds court amongst his friends, has a big personality and this painting is the man as far as I am concerned. Its not dry yet and tricky to photo but I am pleased with myself for not over noodling.

 Oil on canvas 24" x 30"

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Tina! This portrait is just magnificent! I can see how you have captured the essence of his character - wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete