Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Ladies in recline

The last three weeks we have had three different lovely ladies posing for us.  I quite liked how this one came out, less is more as far as some of the details are concerned and I am trying to suggest rather than render everything.

Pastel and Conte on Black Paper
A2 +
Approx 1 hour



Here I used Clairfontaine Pastelmat which was more of a challenge in the time as you cant move the pastel around on the paper so easily and also I dont carry many soft pastels with me so struggled with colours, conte and hard pastels really dont work so well.  Its a bit overworked and not as interesting but I'll see how it goes experimenting with different papers for a while longer.



For last nights session I chose Sienna pastelmat.  The mid-tone really threw me, I still didnt have the right colours and I am getting smaller and more fiddly - back to black and boldness again next week.



Pastelmat Sienna and Anthracite
50 x 70 cm
 1 hour each approx

No comments:

Post a Comment