Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Life

Well soon it will be time for the summer break and a chance to review and plan for the autumn.  My thoughts right now are that since I have been working on large black paper with pan pastels and other blunt tools my artisty and composition has developed but sometimes at the cost of accuracy and correct values.   





 


Overall I think progress has been made and the fact is I usually see the flaws pretty quickly.  I've enjoyed exaggerating and playing with the proportions and colours although I am still inclined towards, and therefore conflicted about, a certain level of realism.  








 

For sure the Pan Pastels have helped my mark making and tendency to get too detailed too soon although sometimes I still manage to kill the life in some of the longer poses.  







 

Black paper is great with pastels and I am thinking of working slightly smaller to help keep a handle on the proportions and also working on better quality paper - I've orders some BFK Rives noir to try.  



 







I am pleased to have managed to take a few photos from the last couple of life sessions and will have a go at using them those alongside my drawings and doing some slower and more considered pieces.  Life drawing/painting is a mad race against time but there is nothing like it and it definately helps 'studio' work. 








No comments:

Post a Comment