Saturday, 9 May 2015

Sunrise/Sunset

Sometimes you just have to get things out of your system but I would hope that my Sunrise/Sunset phase is over.  I have learned that attempting to paint something that is perfectly beautiful already, both in memory and photograph, is only going to lead to disappointment. That is my experience anyway and I think it far more interesting and satisfying to find and create beauty out of something seemingly mediocre. 

Oil on Wood
8 x 8"



That said maybe painting from life would be better. It would have to be a sunset though because I could never get organised early enough in the morning. 

Oil on Wood
12 x 6"



These are all from my recent trip to Key West in Florida including the famous sunset at Mallory Square.  Its a truly stunning place and I doubt anyone could help but be inspired.

Oil on Wood
16 x 8"

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, Tina! Sunsets are hard to do convincingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get tired of the sky in all its amazing glory....your paintings are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the positive feedback girls. Plein air for me next.....

    ReplyDelete