Saturday, 27 June 2015

Left and right

I was getting fed up with my constant reverting back to tightness so decided to challenge myself with a totally left handed piece.  It was difficult to keep it going but I persevered for about an hour despite running out of ink.  Rather amazingly the model was quite keen on it so I gave it to her. Food for thought.....we create art with our brains not our hands.


Left hand
Ink wash and pastel




Right Hand
Ink wash




















Five minute poses.






Back to pan pastels



3 comments:

  1. They are wonderful - I wish my non-dominant hand sketches were as good as yours!

    Another great way to loosen up is to stick a piece of charcoal on a long stick, my favourite life drawings were done that way.

    Talking of favourites, I love that five-minute pose on the right, with the feet raised - it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rolina, yes those big stick excercises are fun. I too liked that five minute pose, it gave me food for thought on the necessity of drawing 'both sides' .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully painted human bodies. Great job!

    ReplyDelete