Saturday, 20 June 2015

The Runner

A little gift I made for a mad running friend.  Its encaustic on wood and I tried laserprint transfer for the first time.  The unpredictability worked in my favour in this instance, I didnt want a perfect transfer and I definately didnt get one but I am quite happy with the result.  The texture is whats really interesting in with this medium and although I dont want to get into full multi media  or go too far away from traditional painting I am enjoying the interesting effects of wax.







Encaustic Wax, oil and pigment stick
Wood support
8" x 8"












3 comments:

  1. I do love the abstract feel to it - funnily enough, I was thinking of your previous encaustic experiments recently as I have some wax on the way to have a little go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica. Rolina, you will love encaustic, I reckon its right up your street and I cant wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete