Sunday, 20 December 2015

Landscape and the Figure

One of my ongoing challenges is to develop some of my life drawings into something more complete without losing the freshness and spontaneity.  There are a few artists I admire that do this successfully but finding my own path is another matter.  I had a lightbulb moment recently and with one of my sketches done on drafting film, looked at alongside a recently aquired landscape painting, and came up with this.  The landscape is by the artist Paul Hird

Oil and Ink
Drafting film
16 x 24" approx




4 comments:

  1. Thanks Susan, good to see you back posting again. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every line of body looks so touching, sincere and sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Chloe, I appreciate you stopping by :).

    ReplyDelete